Saturday, September 11, 2010

All I can say is "Wow"!

Today I set out to run outdoors on a beautiful fall morning in NW Colorado.  Blue skies, cool temps and a slight breeze.  Perfect!  I made sure to note the time as I started to run because last Saturday I was disappointed that I didn't have an accurate count for the length of time I had run.  As I was running I realized that it was feeling very easy (at least after the first 5 minutes which are always the hardest for me).  I ran and ran with no real shortness of breath or breathing problems to speak of.  When it was all said and done I was surprised to find I had run 3.56 MILES in 46 MINUTES!!!! WOW!! That is the farthest I've run to this point!  Needless to say I was proud of myself!  Running brings such a sense of empowerment for me!  If I can do that I can do ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment