Thursday, September 9, 2010

How I got hooked on running...

I decided to start this blog mostly for myself.  If it provides inspiration for others then that is an added benifit!  I started running in June of 2010.  I had been walking regularly with a friend and one day, out of the blue, she suggested running.  We started with Cool Running's,  Couch to 5k plan (http://www.c25k.com/).

I had never ever considered myself a runner or even all that athletic before I started the plan.  I'd like to say I was hooked from day one but realisticly it was probably about week 6 or 7 when I realized I was enjoying running.

Since finishing C25k I have been running 3 times a week.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I run on my treadmill and on Saturdays I run outside.  The farthest I have run is 5k (3.1 miles) and I have only done that one time.  It took me about 45 minutes to run that far.  Since school has started I don't have that much time so I have been running aprox 30 minutes and working on getting my speed up.

My blogs may be boring from here on out, they will mostly be a record of my distance, speed, how I felt and what my thoughts were about each run.  But, like I said, this blog is mostly to motivate myself on this journey.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment